Friday, December 1, 2017

Searching....

You probably all know this.... and I chide myself for not paying attention as I was researching....

But, in My Sword Sings, I researched a particular flower, looking for one that grows in prairie lands and near rivers. I needed it to be blue. Honestly, I could 'see' the color that I wanted it to be.

I did a Google search, using images, and found the perfect flower. A blue waterleaf flower. Grows wild. Further research suggested it had some great healing properties, which worked perfectly for my story. I rejoiced at the great find.

Until... I discovered that the website belonged to a gaming group. None of the info was correct. My chagrin bloomed. My cheeks reddened. I could not believe my naivete.

Another lesson to be learned. When enthusiasm boils over, take a moment, review the information before me, and research the research.

*Giggles* Life is interesting, my dear friends. I'm still using the flower, but not the healing information. That's OK. My tale suffers not.

Blessings,
Sharron

2 comments:

  1. Some of those gaming sites are so detailed and authentic, it's very easy to get fooled! Glad you could still use the flower, in spite of everything.

    Research the research is a good idea -- since I love doing research, I have a feeling if I did that consistently, I'd never get around to writing the story! ;-)

    ReplyDelete